- Barbecue recipes
- Easy recipes
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Low calorie
- Low carb
- Nut free
- Peanut free
- 1-1/2 lbs (750 g) rib eye or strip loin grilling steak, cut in 1-inch/2.5 cm cubes
- 1 lb (500 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Half onion, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground allspice and cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- Pinch each cinnamon and cayenne pepper
Marinade: In shallow dish, stir together onion, oil, lemon juice, garlic, allspice, cumin, pepper, cinnamon and cayenne.
Add steak to marinade and toss to coat; let stand for at least 20 minutes or, refrigerated, for up to 4 hours.
With tomatoes, thread steak onto skewers; sprinkle with salt. Grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until desired doneness, about 6 minutes for rare.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.