- 2 6-inch / 15 cm soft buns or baguettes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped romaine lettuce
- 12 large raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg white
- 20 sesame rice crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienned mango
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 12 slices cucumber
- Horseradish Remoulade (see recipe below)
1. Slice buns in half lengthwise. Divide the lettuce and place on the bottom half of each bun.
2. In a bowl, combine shrimp with egg white; coat shrimp with crushed crackers, pressing firmly to adhere. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and broil on high for 3 minutes; flip shrimp and broil for an additional 3 minutes, until pink and firm. Add 6 shrimp to each sandwich.
3. Top with mango and onion.
4. Add cucumber. Top with Horseradish Remoulade. Close 'er up and enjoy!
In a bowl, stir together 1 tbsp/15 mL each low-fat mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice and ketchup. Add 2 tsp/10 mL horseradish and 1/2 tsp/2 mL sriracha or other hot sauce; stir to combine.
See how it's made
Build a yummy po'boy with this interactive sandwich maker!